Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"Why I am thankful.." series with Guest blogger Lipstick and Leathernecks

 This week, I am featuring a series called, "Why I am thankful.." and if any bloggers would like to guest blog, please send me a comment with your email address. :)

I just wanted to say that I love her cute blog! It reminds me of a time when I wasn't a mommy, and waiting to move to Twenty-nine Palms, CA to be with my now husband. {We have since re-located} I also want to thank Mrs. S for taking the time out of her busy schedule to write a blog for me. :)



Lipstick & Leathernecks



When Holly asked me to write a blog for her, I thought two things…

1) “That is so sweet of her to ask! I’m flattered!”
2) “Holy crap, I’m guest blogging…?”

But me being me, I decided “Why not?” I’m already in the midst of writing 3 research papers and finishing up the semester, why not take a break and write about something I actually want to write about?

I had no idea what to discuss (I’m really boring!), but Holly suggested doing what I’m thankful for, and I think that’s a brilliant idea, so I’m gladly following her lead.

It’s been one of those months where you have to really strain to find something to be thankful for… If I’m honest, it’s been one of those years. The Husband got orders across the country, unexpected bills kept creeping up, I’m taking 18 credits this semester (and next!), and sometimes, I’m just lonely. So really, I’m doing this for me, but I’m glad to let you in on it and hopefully it’ll help you out, too.

So what am I thankful for?

I’m thankful for my husband. He works so hard and he rarely complains. He’s completely selfless and devoted to me and being the best husband he can be. He’s also devoted to the Corps and I think that is so admirable which makes me love him even more.

I’m thankful for my parents. They do a lot for us and life would be 1000x more difficult some days if they weren’t around. I give them a hard time sometimes, but they deal with me and my imperfections.

I’m thankful for my dog. Seriously, he was probably one of the 3 people/things that got me through my husband’s first deployment. It sounds totally ridiculous, but when I needed to talk, he listened (I swear he understands exactly what I’m saying at all times), and when I was down, he wouldn’t leave my side. He’s my buddy and has been since I was 10.

I’m thankful to have a roof over my head and a car that runs. That’s pretty self explanatory, I think!

I’m thankful for my opportunity to further my education. Not everyone gets that chance, but I did, so I’m so grateful for that.

I’m thankful for my mother in law who so graciously helps us whenever she can. She takes us to dinner and movies when we drop in for a visit, she gives me her golden plane tickets so I can fly free of charge to see The Husband (She’s a flight attendant and normally, The Husband and I have to fly standby, but she had two “must ride” passes and she gave them both to me), she’s fun, sweet, and genuinely kind hearted; a very rare trait.

I’m thankful for my cell phone (be quiet!). Seriously. It keeps me connected to the outside world. Also, it has The Angry Birds and that game is awesome. Promise.

I’m thankful for sushi. Does this need an explanation…?

I’m thankful for the Marine Corps. Despite all the flaws, I appreciate the opportunities it has given my husband, and even me. I’m also thankful for that dress blue uniform. Good work on that one, USMC. Good work.

I’m thankful for my life. It is pretty fabulous. It really, truly is.